IT User Skills
Qualification: NOCN Certificate
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About this course
This course is an excellent introduction to the basics of using a computer, using the internet and email. It includes more advanced skills compared to our level 1 IT User Skills course, such as secure file management, advanced internet searches and using Microsoft Office applications.
This level 2 course will give you the ability to select and use relevant knowledge, ideas, skills and procedures to complete well-defined tasks and address straightforward problems. It includes taking responsibility for completing tasks and procedures and exercising autonomy and judgment subject to overall direction or guidance.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £17,004 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- IT user skills - how to store information on your computer so that you can find it when you need it (file management)
- IT communications skills - develop an understanding of how to use internet and email software effectively and in a safe and secure way
- Word processing - basic use of computers, creating documents such as letters, notices, and written information
- Excel skills - creating spreadsheets, charts, graphs and calculations
- PowerPoint skills - creating, designing and editing PowerPoint presentations using a variety of tools
- Skills for advanced internet searches
You will be assessed using practical tasks and creating a portfolio of evidence. There are no exams.
- You will need to have a basic understanding of using a computer
- You will need to be aged 19+
- This course is available at level 1 and level 2. You will be placed on the most suitable course based on a short skills assessment at your interview.