IT User Skills
Qualification: NOCN Certificate
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About this course
This course is an excellent introduction to the basics of using a computer. It is suitable for anyone who has basic computer skills and knowledge and wants to improve these skills.
This level 1 course will give you the ability to use relevant knowledge, skills and procedures to complete routine tasks. It includes responsibility for completing tasks and procedures subject to direction or guidance.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £17,004 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- IT user skills - how to store information on your computer so that you can find it when you need it (file management)
- Using the internet to search for websites
- Word processing - basic use of computers, creating documents such as letters, notices, and written information
- Basic Excel skills
You will be assessed using practical tasks and creating a portfolio of evidence. There are no exams.
- You will need to have a basic understanding of using a computer
- You will need to be aged 19+
- This course is available at level 1 and level 2. You will be placed on the most suitable course based on a short skills assessment at your interview.
NOCN Certificate in IT User Skills Level 2