About the course
This popular ECDL course will build on your initial experience and basic knowledge of using IT and will improve your understanding of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets and presentation software.
What you will learn
- Word-processing - develop your ability to create word-processed documents, entering text, editing and formatting work and using graphs, tables and pictures for a professional finish. You will also understand how to work more effectively using tools such as the spell-checker and mail merge
- Spreadsheets - develop a working knowledge of spreadsheets from entering data and formatting worksheets through to creating charts and producing high quality documents
- Presentations – develop your ability to produce high quality presentations using a variety of tools including charts, graphs and drawn objects
- Improving productivity using IT - using tools to help save time and effort when producing word-processed documents, presentations and spreadsheets
Learning will be undertaken through taught practical sessions in set classes and by self-study away from the course practising what has been learnt during the taught sessions. Self-study would be about 3 hours each week depending on how quickly you pick up the skills and knowledge that you are learning. Attending classes alone will not be sufficient to gain this qualification.
The course consists of 4 units - each unit will be assessed by a time controlled (45min) online exam.
This course is suitable for anyone that understands spoken and written English and has:
- Level 1 IT qualification e.g. ECDL Essentials, BCS Flexi Award for IT Users, NOCN Award for IT Users; or
- A basic knowledge of using a computer, how to create basic word-processed documents, using the internet and email software, and can produce basic spreadsheets
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|12/09/17||17.30 - 21.00 (Tuesday)||20 weeks||Main||£577|
|06/03/18||17.30 - 21.00 (Tuesday)||20 weeks||Main||£577|
- BCS ECDL Level 3 Advanced Certificate in IT User Skills