About the course
This course is an excellent introduction to the basics of using a computer, using the internet and email. It includes more advanced skills compared to our level 1 IT User Skills course, such as secure file management, advanced internet searches and using Microsoft Office applications.
What you will learn
- IT user skills - how to store information on your computer so that you can find it when you need it (file management)
- IT communications skills - develop an understanding of how to use internet and email software effectively and in a safe and secure way
- Word processing - basic use of computers, creating documents such as letters, notices, and written information
- Excel skills - creating spreadsheets, charts, graphs and calculations
- PowerPoint skills - creating, designing and editing PowerPoint presentations using a variety of tools
- Skills for advanced internet searches
You will be assessed using practical tasks and creating a portfolio of evidence. There are no exams.
- You will need to have a basic understanding of using a computer
- You will need to be aged 19+
- This course is available at level 1 and level 2. You will be placed on the most suitable course based on a short skills assessment at your interview.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|05/06/18||17.30 - 20.30 (Tuesday)||24 weeks||Main||£225|