About the course
This course is an excellent introduction to the basics of using a computer, using the internet and email, IT security, and expands upon the units taught in the Level 1 Award.
It is suitable for anyone that has very little computer knowledge and for people that:
- have difficulty understanding computers and perhaps need additional time
- prefer attending taught classes
- lack confidence with basic use of computers
- for who English is not their first language but has basic spoken, written & reading English skills
What you will learn
- IT user fundamentals – how to store information on your computer so that you can find it when you need it (file management)
- IT communications fundamentals - this unit helps you to develop an understanding of how to use internet and email software effectively and in a safe and secure way
- IT security – helping you to keep your computer protected from viruses and from other people accessing the information you have stored on your computer
- Word processing - basic use of computers, creating documents such as letters, notices, and written information
- Spreadsheets - charts, graphs, budget calculations
- Presentations – create, design, edit PowerPoint presentations using a variety of tools
This course is undertaken by attending taught class-based lessons each week. The tutor will teach elements of the course, which you will then practise during the class with the tutors support and away from the class as self-study between attendance dates. If you have any additional learning needs, please highlight this when applying for the course to ensure we can provide any additional support you may be eligible to receive.
As skills are developed the tutor will set you short exercises so you can build a portfolio of evidence to gain the qualification.
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|23/01/17||09.30 - 13.30||18 weeks||Main||£570|
|10/04/17||09.30 - 13.30||18 weeks||Main||£570|
- BCS ECDL Level 2 Certificate in IT User Skills
To help keep course costs low course materials will be accessed and downloaded via the college website. If you prefer to have printed course materials these can be borrowed from the tutor at the start of each course unit. Books can also be borrowed from the library.