Introduction to Soldering
Qualification: College Certificate
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
By the end of this course you will be able to understand the theory of soldering along with safe practices and techniques that will ensure your soldering work is of a high quality. A college certificate will be issued on successful completion.
The course includes a free buffet lunch.
What you will learn
- Safe working practices
- Soldering tools and equipment
- Solders and the soldering process
- Component preparation
- Theory of Eutectic Materials
- Soldering Techniques
- Practical Exercises covering soldering of wires, soldering of Tag strips and THC PCB soldering
- Quality standards & Common faults
- Handling Static Sensitive components
- Desoldering techniques
There will be some soldering exercises but there are no official assessments for this course.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
You will be required to wear coveralls. The College will provide any other safety equipment required.