About the course
This short part-time course is ideal if you need a basic introduction to Early Years settings. It will give you a basic understanding of the professional language used in Early Years settings together with an overview of pre-school practice. The course covers working with children up to the age of 5 years.
It is delivered with theory and practical sessions and there will be minimal home study. Applications and enquiries are welcome from those who would like to work in the sector and need to develop their skills to do so. It is suitable for parents and volunteers who would like to play a part in early year’s settings such as Pre-schools.
* If you're unemployed or on a low wage and in receipt of benefits, then you might be eligible for full funding on this course. Please contact us for details on 023 8048 4848.
What you will learn
There are 4 units for this course:
- Learning about the value of play for babies and young children
- Management and organisation
- Community development
- Roles and responsibilities in early year’s settings
You will be expected to produce written work for the tasks in these four units and submit your work for assessment by the tutor. Assessment could be in the form of marking written information, oral questioning or direct observation. There are no formal examinations for this qualification.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course but you would need to be working towards level 1 or 2 in literacy and numeracy with a commitment to continue to gain a higher grade in literacy.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|13/09/17||10.00 - 12.00 (Wednesday)||10 weeks||Main||£252*|
|07/01/18||10.00 - 12.00 (Wednesday)||10 weeks||Main||£252*|
|18/04/18||10.00 - 12.00 (Wednesday)||10 weeks||Main||£252*|
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care
- Level 2 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Playwork
- Voluntary work in an early year’s setting