Introduction to Child Development
Qualification: City & Guilds
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About this course
This Level 1 Introduction to Child Development is a short introductory course for those who have an interest in working in the Early Years sector. It is a knowledge-based course which will cover child development from birth to adolescence.
You will start the course with some accredited employability skills units with learners from our Supporting Work in Schools course. These are great additions to those looking to get into employment, and add qualifications to your CV increasing your employability when applying for job roles.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and are unemployed and in receipt of benefits or earn less than £18,525 per year, then you may not have to pay for this course. Please contact us for details on 023 8048 4848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will learn
- Introduction to understanding growth, social and emotional development in children
- Understanding child development
- Understanding the physical and psychological needs of children
- Understanding children’s social and emotional development
- Employability skills
You will learn through a variety of methods including written tasks, discussions and group working.
You will be assessed through written tasks.
There are no set course entry requirements except for basic English skills (reading and writing).
No interview is required for this course. We will email you information about how to complete your enrolment when we receive your application. Evidence of benefits/salary will be required.