Improving Service User Experience in Health and Social Care
Qualification: NCFE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This level 2 distance learning qualification in Improving Service User Experience in Health and Social Care is designed to enable you to develop the knowledge and understanding required to work with customers within the health and social care sector. ‘Customers’ in this context refers to internal and external customers, including people who use services, their supporters, visitors, health professionals and providers of other services. ‘Employee’ refers to a range of jobs roles both health and social care specific and non-specific, i.e. receptionist, cleaner, retail assistant.
It will focus on the study of customer service in health and social care.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners:
- develop an awareness of customer service in health and social care
- understand how to communicate effectively in a health and social care setting
- understand the needs of customers who access health and social care services
- understand teamwork in health and social care settings
It is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £15,736.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- Preparing to deliver customer service in health and social care settings
- Effective communication for health and social care
- Understand specific needs of customers accessing health and social care services
- Team work in health and social care settings
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30* (no fee if unemployed)
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning