HNC in Hospitality & Events Management
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This course will equip you with a range of skills and knowledge of hospitality and event businesses and organisations, their management and the vibrant environment in which they operate. You will also gain a range of professional and practical skills needed to get ahead in this dynamic and exciting sector. It is an excellent route into employment or to a degree for those interested in the hospitality and events industries.
The College has links with many event venues, which will provide you with year-round opportunities to get involved in local and national events. This experience will provide you with the chance to acquire vital business knowledge and skills in the organisation and running of events.
What you will learn
- The contemporary hospitality industry
- Managing the customer experience
- Professional identity and practice
- The hospitality business toolkit
- Leadership and management for service industries
- Managing conference and events
- Managing food and beverage operations
- Hospitality marketing essentials
100% Coursework/practical assessment
You will need substantial work experience in hospitality, catering or related industries, preferably with some supervisory experience OR
An A level, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in hospitality AND Maths and English at GCSE Grade A*–C/9–4 or equivalent
- HND or degree level course in hospitality, event management or travel management
- Employment in hospitality, event management, the cruising industry and the travel and tourism industry
- Small business start up
This qualification is awarded by BTEC Edexcel, 190 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7BH. Telephone 0844 576 0026