HNC in Health & Social Care
Qualification: BTEC HNC
About the course
This course will give you the practical skills and a formal qualification to prepare you for supervisory or junior management level roles of work or to progress within the health and social care sector.
Run by tutors with extensive industry experience, you will gain a range of practical skills and a formal qualification to progress your career in health and social care.
* HE loan - The Student Loans Company provides loans and grants to learners at college studying Higher Education. For more information visit www.slc.co.uk
What you will learn
- Communicating in health & social care organisations
- Principles of health & social care practice
- Health and safety in the workplace
- Personal and professional development
- Working in partnership in health and social care
- The role of public health
- Physiological principles
You will learn through a combination of lectures, small group tutorials, coursework and practical assignments using online resources. There is also a requirement for additional independent study.
You will be assessed through assignments, portfolios, individual and group presentations.
- Relevant level 3 qualification (e.g. A-levels or BTEC National Extended Diploma in Health & Social Care)
- GCSE English and maths (grade A*-C)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Please note a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required.
- HND or degree level course in health & social care
- Career development into a senior position