About the course
This course is ideal for achieving a Higher Education level qualification in engineering and for career development. It will prepare you progression in your current employment and for further studies at university.
You will develop the concepts, knowledge, skills and techniques required for working in today's engineering and manufacturing industry.
The course includes both electrical and mechanical topics providing you with a broad range of knowledge, skills and ability, leading to you gaining either a HNCE in General Engineering or a HNC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
* HE loan - The Student Loans Company provides loans and grants to learners at college studying Higher Education. For more information visit www.slc.co.uk
What you will learn
- Mechanical and electrical science
- Engineering mathematics
- Engineering design
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Managing a professional engineering project
- Quality and process improvement
This course is a combination of classroom based lectures, tutorials, practical tasks working in groups and individually.
City College boasts specially designed and fully equipped workshops which provide realistic working environments.
- Extensive fabrication & welding workshops
- Machining workshop
- Electronics workshop
- Modern CAD 2D and 3D equipment & software
You should be at least 18 years of age and have:
- A-Level in maths and science or physics (grade A*-C) OR
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering
- Those with substantial professional experience in the sector who have GCSE in maths, science and English (grades A*-C/9-5) will be considered
- Those with substantial professional experience in the sector who have passed a bridging course (e.g. BTEC Certificate in Engineering) will be considered
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|11/09/18||14.00 - 21.00 (Tuesday)||2 years||Main||£4500* (eligible for Higher Education loan)|
- HND, foundation degree or honours degree in engineering
- Employment in a range of engineering disciplines such as manufacturing and project management