HNC in Engineering
Qualification: BTEC HNC
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This course is ideal for achieving a Higher Education level qualification in engineering. It will prepare you for employment in the sector or further study at university. If you are already employed in the engineering sector this qualification will support your career progression.
You will develop the concepts, knowledge, skills and techniques required for working in today's engineering and manufacturing industry.
* HE loan - The Student Loans Company provides loans and grants to learners at college studying Higher Education. For more information visit www.slc.co.uk
What you will learn
- Mechanical and electrical science
- Health and safety
- Mathematics in engineering
- Application of hydraulics
- Application of pneumatics
- Electrical power
- Project design, implementation and evaluation
- Advanced CAD
This course is a combination of classroom based lectures, tutorials, practical tasks working in groups and individually.
City College boasts specially designed and fully equipped workshops which provide realistic working environments.
- Extensive fabrication & welding workshops
- Machining workshop
- Electronics workshop
- Modern CAD 2D and 3D equipment & software
There are some class based tests, but no end of year exams.
You should be at least 18 years of age and have:
- GCSE English and maths (grade A*-C/9-4)
- Relevant level 3 qualification (e.g. A-Level mathematics and physics or BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering)
- Those with substantial professional experience in the sector will also be considered
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
- HND, foundation degree or honours degree in engineering
- Employment in a range of engineering disciplines such as manufacturing and project management