About the course
This practical art & design course will particularly benefit those with a desire to work in the creative arts industry or are currently working within the profession. It will provide you with a range of creative experiences and will enable you to experiment and develop your skills in drawing, painting, textiles, fashion, photography, printing, graphics and sculpture/3D methods. The year ends with a professional art exhibition where you can showcase your work to the public, local employers and higher education institutions.
You will be required to attend college on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Do you need help to pay for this course? Did you know you can take out a Higher Education Loan to help with this? The Student Loans Company provides loans and grants to learners at college studying Higher Education. For more information click here
What you will learn
You will be supported in developing a highly individual, ideas based portfolio, pursuing your own specialist interests including theory, materials and techniques.
- Visual communication in art and design
- Ideas generation and development in art and design
- Contextual studies, art theory and cultural referencing in art and design
- Communication with images in art and design
- Traditional and experimental materials, processes and techniques
- Digital media and lens-based recording techniques
- Professional practice in art and design
- Exhibition management and curation
- Well equipped art studios
- Large and fully equipped photography studio
- Photography dark room
- Suite of Apple Macs
- Gallery exhibition space
100% Coursework/practical assessment
- Level 3 qualification in art, design, photography, media or other relevant subject (such as an A-level in a creative subject or a foundation or extended diploma) and
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (including English and maths)
- Portfolio of work to be presented at interview
- Mature students through interview and portfolio
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|11/09/18||09:30 - 17:00 (Tue & Wed)||1 year||Main campus||£3,750* (eligible for Higher Education loan)|
- HND in Art & Design
- Freelance work
- Work in graphic design, illustration, fine art, fashion, textiles, 3D design, interior design, animation, art history, digital media, curatorship, art journalism or teaching
This qualification is awarded by BTEC Edexcel, 190 High Holborn, London, WC1V 7BH. Telephone 0844 576 0026