Heating & Ventilating Industrial & Commercial Installation
Qualification: City and Guilds NVQ Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This two-year course is ideal if you are starting out or progressing your career in the heating and ventilating sector and want to learn about maintaining system components and how to install commercial and industrial heating and ventilation systems.
You will need to be employed in the heating and ventilation or plumbing industry. You will learn the practical skills and gain relevant knowledge to work on a range of specialised industrial and commercial installations.
What you will learn
- Applying environmental protection measures in building services engineering
- Roles, responsibilities and procedures in building services engineering
- Applying scientific principles within mechanical engineering services
- Site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques
- Industrial and commercial heating systems
- Industrial and commercial chilled water systems
- Safe working practices within a building services engineering environment
- Industrial and commercial cold water systems
- Industrial and commercial hot water systems
- Installation of industrial and commercial heating systems
Assessment is through multiple choice tests, practical assignments, and portfolio of evidence.
- 3 GCSEs grade A*-C in English, maths and science (or the equivalent in adult literacy or numeracy), and
- Employed within the heating and ventilation or plumbing industry, as an apprentice or adult trainee
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
- Level 3 in Heating and Ventilation
- Senior heating and ventilating engineer role
- Heating and ventilation project leader or manager
You will be required to supply and wear flame resistant overalls and steel toe capped boots or shoes within all workshop and assessment sessions, to conform to the requirements of working within a high risk industry.
All other PPE will be supplied as and when requested, including goggles, glasses, gloves, face masks, ear protection and dust masks.