Heating & Ventilating Industrial & Commercial Installation
Qualification: City and Guilds NVQ Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This two-year course is ideal if you want to gain advanced skills and knowledge, and wish to progress your career in the heating and ventilating sector.
You will need to be employed in the heating and ventilation or plumbing industry. You will learn the advanced skills and gain higher level knowledge to work on a range of specialised industrial and commercial installations.
What you will learn
- Organising resources within building services engineering
- Electrical work on industrial and commercial systems or components
- Industrial and commercial cold water system installation and pre-commissioning techniques
- Industrial and commercial hot water system installation and pre-commissioning techniques
- Industrial and commercial heating system installation and pre-commissioning techniques
- Industrial and commercial chilled water system installation and pre-commissioning techniques
- Principles and requirements of industrial and commercial fuel systems
- Install industrial and commercial pipework and systems
- Manual metal arc pipe welding
Assessment is through multiple choice tests, practical assignments, and portfolio of evidence.
The welding option will contain training welds alongside a final weld test to TR5. The passing of this test will give a 1 year provisional weld certificate, which is recognised as the industry minimum requirement for a welding certification/qualification.
- 3 GCSEs grade A*-C in English, maths and science (or the equivalent in adult literacy or numeracy), and
- Level 2 qualification in Service and Maintenance, and
- Employed within the heating and ventilation or plumbing industry, as an apprentice or adult trainee
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
- Level 4 HNC in Building Services Engineering
- Senior heating and ventilating engineer role
- Heating and ventilation project leader or manager
You will be required to supply and wear flame resistant overalls and steel toe capped boots or shoes within all workshop and assessment sessions, to conform to the requirements of working within a high risk industry.
For the optional manual metal arc pipe welding unit, you will need flame retardant overalls, steel toe capped boots, a welding face shield with a minimum of a shade 10 lens, gauntlet welding gloves, and personal clear goggles or glasses.
All other PPE will be supplied when required especially when oxy/acetylene flame cutting and grinding.