About the course
Our Health & Social Care course provides you with an excellent stepping stone to a career as a nurse, midwife, paramedic, care worker and a wealth of other health and care professions. The course is a mixture of learning that is challenging but exciting and includes practical workshops, experiments, role play, classroom learning and a weekly work placement in a health or care setting.
If you want a great opportunity to gain an understanding on how to care for people this course is ideal for you.
Earn up to 168 UCAS points#
#Based on Distinction grades
What you will learn
- Human life span and development
- Working in health and social care
- Meeting individual needs
- Principles of safe practice
- Nutritional health
- Psychological perspectives or Psychological disorders
- Work placement
- Anatomy and physiology
- Work experience in health and social care
- Promoting public health
- Enquiries into current research
- Caring for individuals with dementia
- Understanding mental wellbeing
- Supporting individual needs
- Work placement
If you successfully complete the first year of study you will gain a level 3 Diploma qualification. In order to progress to the second year you will need to pass the first year of study.
70% Coursework/practical - 30% exam
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (including English, maths and science) OR
- Level 2 in Health & Social Care or Early Years (including level 2 functional skills)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Please note a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will also be required for this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Degree at university
- Higher apprenticeship in Nursing
- Work in hospitals, community care, health services and social work
Trips, visits and activities
- Guest speakers
- Work experience
- External careers events
- Industry week activities
If you will be 19 before the start of the second year of this course, you will be liable to pay a fee for that year. Please contact us for more information.
Kelly JonesHealth & Social Care Tutor
Kelly has extensive experience of working in the health and social care sector. She has worked in a number of practitioner roles including adult safeguarding, clinical, mental health and learning disability support. She also has experience of working as a care assistant and 7 years in a busy emergency department for the NHS.