About the course
The first year of this course is a great introduction to health & social care and early years. In the second year you will specialise in health & social care with a combination of practical and theory based topics to give you a range of skills required for working in the industry.
A weekly work placement is compulsory for this course.
What you will learn
- The services and roles available for a career in health, social care and early year’s sectors
- Health and safety
- Communication skills
- Healthy eating
- The values of working with children and vulnerable groups
- Individual rights and needs
- Ensuring safe environments
- Cultural diversity
- Anatomy and physiology
- Creative and therapeutic activities
- Health and social care services
- Diet and nutrition
- Work placement
If you successfully complete the first year of study you will gain a level 1 Diploma qualification. In order to progress to the second year you will need to pass the first year of study.
100% coursework / practical
Direct Entry to year 2
- 4 GCSEs grade A*–D/9–3 (including English, maths and science) OR
- Level 1 Diploma in Health & Social Care or Early Years (with level 1 functional skills)
Entry to year 1
- GCSEs grade D/3 or below OR
- Entry level certificate
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Please note a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will also be required for this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|03/09/18||1 or 2 years||Main|
- Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Enter employment
Trips, visits & activities
- Guest speakers
- Work experience
- External careers events
- Industry week activities