About this course
This course will develop your technical skills and knowledge in advanced cutting, styling and colouring techniques. It will also build on your customer service and health and safety skills required to work in the industry.
Alongside theory classes you will learn practical skills in our commercial beauty salon, Kudos, where you will work with real paying customers.
Full-time students aged 16-18 will follow a study programme at City College which includes:
- The main subject qualification
- Work experience which is effective, relevant, and includes careers fairs, site visits, guest speakers and introduces you to the expectations of the real demands of work
- English and maths, where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade A*-C/9-4 in these subjects by age 16
- Additional activities, such as tutorials and work-related learning, to help further develop the personal skills relevant to your progression goals
These four elements should combine to provide stretch and challenge to prepare you for progression to employment or further study.
Earn up to 56 UCAS points#
#Based on Distinction grades
What you will learn
- Health and safety in the salon
- Blow-drying and finishing services
- Hair colouring services
- Hair cutting services
- Hairdressing consultation
- Setting and dressing services
- Competition hair
- Style hair with electrical equipment
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair and beauty salon, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
70% coursework/practical - 30% exam
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (including English, maths and a creative subject) AND
- Level 2 Technical Diploma in Hairdressing (including GCSE English and maths grade A*-C/9-4)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Advanced apprenticeship in Hairdressing or Barbering
- Degree at University
- Work in salons, theatres, fashion houses or on cruise ships
- Start your own business
Trips, visits & activities
- Guest speakers
- Entry to industry competitions
- Industry week activities
- Work experience