Qualification: City & Guilds Technical Certificate
About the course
This course will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills in women's and men's hairdressing including styling, dressing and colouring hair.
You will learn practical skills in our commercial hair salon, Kudos, alongside theory classes.
What you will learn
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo and condition to treat the hair and scalp
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Colour and lighten hair
Training at City College will give you a huge advantage as you will learn in our purpose built hair and beauty salon, Kudos. You will learn with industry standard equipment working under supervision with real, paying clients to give you a wealth of experience.
- 4 GCSEs grades A*-D/9-3 (including English, maths and a creative subject) or
- Level 1 Diploma in Hair and Beauty (including Level 1 functional skills)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Level 2 Barbering
- Level 3 Hair
- Level 3 Theatrical Hair and Media Make-Up
- Advanced Apprenticeship / employment in Hairdressing or Barbering