About the course
Welcome to Digital Video Game College!
There are over 1,900 games businesses in the UK, making it one of the fastest growing industries in the country. With everything from Grand Theft Auto to Tomb Raider being made right here in Britain, there has never been a better time to jump into the digital world.
Games Design is a hands on course, designed to give you the knowledge and skills for the full range of games. It is both fun and highly practical and offers a great route to university or into employment in this fast paced growing industry. The course includes 3D animation and modelling using Maya and Blueprints in the Unreal Engine 4 (UE4).
You will also have an opportunity for work experience and talks from industry experts.
Earn up to 168 UCAS points#
#Based on Distinction grades
What you will learn
- Planning and pre-producing story boards for games
- Developing virtual games
- Developing a portfolio website as a games designer
- Developing a games promotion campaign
- Working with a client
- Digital media skills
- Work roles in the games industry
- Mobile games development
- Final games design project
If you successfully complete the first year of study you will gain a level 3 Diploma qualification. In order to progress to the second year you will need to pass the first year of study.
- Apple Mac suite with modern editing software
- Games studio with games development and simulation software
70% Coursework/practical - 30% exam
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (including English, maths and IT) OR
- Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area (including GCSE English and maths grade A*-C/9-4)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Degree at university
- Work in 3D visualisation and animation, junior artist, games developer
Trips, visits & activities
- Studio visits
- Guest speakers
- Work experience
- Industry week activities
- Industry competitions
If you will be 19 before the start of the second year of this course, you will be liable to pay a fee for that year. Please contact us for more information.