About this course
The three-day First Aid at Work course is perfect for those that are required to hold a first aid qualification in their workplace or any other environment. No previous experience is necessary.
The First Aid at Work qualification is a comprehensive course, which covers a wide range of skills that can be used within many workplace first aid situations. This includes assessing the scene, managing an unresponsive casualty and administering aid to a casualty with a variety of injuries and conditions.
The qualification meets the needs of workplaces where there are more significant health and safety risks are more likely to need a trained first-aider.
This course complies with the standards set by the HSE.
What you will learn
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Managing incidents and the need for reporting accidents
- Caring for an unconscious casualty
- Performing CPR
- Blood loss and shock
- Burns and scalds
- Disorders of the airway/choking
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Major medical conditions - heart attack, stroke, seizures, severe allergic reactions, asthma
The tutor continuously assesses the course and the successful candidates will be awarded with a certificate of attendance, which is valid for three years.
It is open to everyone aged 16 and over.
A degree of physical fitness is advised.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|03/02/20||09.00 - 16.00 (Mon-Wed)||3 days||Main campus||£390|
|09/06/20||09.00 - 16.00 (Tue-Thu)||3 days||Main campus||£390|
- First Aid at Work Annual Refresher