About this course
The three-day First Aid at Work course is perfect for those that are required to hold a first aid qualification in their workplace or any other environment. No previous experience is required, so you can begin your first aid training whenever is required.
The First Aid at Work qualification is a comprehensive qualification, which covers a wide range of skills that can be used within a workplace first aid situation. This includes assessing the scene, managing an unresponsive casualty and administering a casualty with a variety of injuries and conditions and meets with the standards set by the HSE.
What you will learn
- Understanding the role of a First Aider
- Health and safety (first aid) regulations
- Managing incidents and the need for reporting accidents
- Caring for an unconscious casualty
- Performing CPR
- Blood loss and shock
- Burns and scalds
- Disorders of the airway/choking
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Major medical conditions - heart attack, stroke, seizures, severe allergic reactions
The tutor continuously assesses the course and the successful candidates will be awarded with a certificate of attendance.
It is open to everyone aged 16 and over
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|23/09/19||09.00 - 17.00 (Mon-Wed)||3 days||Main campus||£390|
|03/02/20||09.00 - 17.00 (Mon-Wed)||3 days||Main campus||£390|
|09/06/20||09.00 - 17.00 (Tue-Thu)||3 days||Main campus||£390|
- First Aid at Work Annual Refresher
- Emergency First Aid at Work