Falls Prevention Awareness
Qualification: CACHE Certificate
Level 2 (Distance Learning)
You can start this distance learning course at anytime throughout the year. Please apply and we will contact you to arrange getting you started.Apply now
About this course
This distance learning course will increase your awareness and understanding of falls and their prevention which will enable you to progress into, or within, employment in healthcare or social care settings. It’s ideal if you already work in a healthcare or social care environment, particularly if you support, or have contact with, older people who have an increased tendency to falls.
You will gain knowledge and understanding of the impact and consequences of a fall, the risks and hazards which contribute to falls, and learn how to reduce the risk of falls. This qualification also covers the importance of recording and reporting any incidence of falls to ensure that interventions can be put in place to reduce risk and reoccurrence of falls.
This is a flexible qualification that allows you to study at a time and place that suits you however you will be assigned a personal tutor who can support you if you need it.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £16,009.50 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Apply online now!
What you will learn
- Falls in context
- Understand the risk factors and causes of falls
- Falls assessment and prevention
- Managing falls
This is a distance learning course - you will be provided with course handbooks to complete at enrolment. You will have the opportunity to have 1:1 support with the tutor, which could be in your workplace.
- You need to be aged 19 or over
- If you're aged 19-23 you must have already achieved a full level 2 qualification
- Be self-motivated
- Have GCSE English grade C/4 or above
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Course length & fees
- Fees: £30*
- Course Length: N/A
- Campus: Distance Learning