Qualification: EAL Diploma
About the course
If you want to gain a qualification to assist in developing your career in engineering, then this course is for you. This is a practical two year course, covering a range of engineering related topics. It also includes some academic study.
*If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
This course consists of five units and is mechanical based. Units studied are:
- Engineering and environmental health & safety
- Mechanical Engineering principles
- Advanced milling & turning
- Engineering mathematics
Other units including welding and fabrication may be offered subject to further discussion with the college.
You will learn in classroom sessions to develop the knowledge and skills required to complete practical assignments.
- On-screen multiple choice examination for one mandatory unit and one optional unit
- College marked practical and theory assessments for the other units.
Assessment methods have been designed to assess the knowledge, understanding and skills of students for all units.
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C (including English and maths)
- Level 2 in Engineering (minimum of a Merit grade) and completed or working towards Functional Skills in English and maths at Level 2
- Relevant work experience and/or equivalent qualifications
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
- Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship
- Employment in the engineering industry
- Career development and progression