About this course
This is a technical short course covering a range of engineering related topics and is ideal if you want to gain a qualification to enter or further your career in engineering. This certificate is undertaken on a part-time basis by attending college one evening per week (6pm to 9pm).
It is ideally suited for students aspiring to study at HNC/HND level but who do not have the prerequisite qualifications or who have not studied on an engineering course at level 3 for some years and require a bridging course.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
This course consists of 4 units and combines both academic and some practical study:
- Health and safety (self-directed study plus workbook)
- Mechanical principles
- Electrical principles
By studying both mechanical and electrical principles, you will be ideally prepared for the rigours of studying at HNC Diploma Level 4.
You will learn in the classroom to develop the underpinning knowledge and skills required to complete task sheets and assignments that test your understanding. Practical demonstrations and experiments are also integral to the programme.
The course is continually assessed. Throughout the course you will be tasked with various assignments. You will be supported throughout the assessment process to help you achieve to your full potential.
- 4 GCSEs grade A*-C (including English and maths at grade B)
- Level 2 in engineering (Merit or above) plus completed or be working towards English and maths at Level 2
- Adult learners with relevant work experience and equivalent qualifications will also be considered
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|12/09/19||18:00-21:00 (Thursday)||1 year||Main campus||£1,645* (eligible for 19+ Advanced Learning Loan)|
- Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Level 4 HNC in Engineering
- Employment in the engineering industry
- Career development and progression