About this course
Our Emergency First Aid At Work course teaches real lifesaving skills that can be used in and out of the workplace.
This course is suitable for anyone who might need to provide first aid to someone who is injured or becomes ill at work, and covers common injuries and illnesses.
What you will learn
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to assess an incident
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- How to manage a casualty with burns and scalds
- How to manage a casualty suffering from a convulsive seizure
The tutor continuously assesses the course and the successful candidates will be awarded with a certificate of attendance which is valid for 3 years.
It is open to everyone aged 16 and over.
A degree of physical fitness is advised.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|13/02/20||09.00 - 16.00 (Thursday)||1 day||Main campus||£90|
|07/05/20||09.00 - 16.00 (Thursday)||1 day||Main campus||£90|