About this course
Want to become an electrician and need a recognised qualification? This industry-recognised electrical installation qualification will provide you with the basic knowledge and craft skills. You will learn, develop and practise in a secure environment the installation of wiring systems together with the relevant theory of electrical installation.
This qualification is suitable for:
- Those who currently do not work within the electrical industry (but may wish to do so)
- Those who wish to acquire new knowledge and skills
This course is two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday (6pm - 9pm), finishing end of June 2021.
* Great news... if you're aged 19 or over and earning less than £17,004.00 a year (gross salary), you may not have to pay for this course. Conditions apply.
What you will learn
This qualification includes five mandatory units:
- Electrical installation theory and technology
- Electrical installation methods, procedures and requirements
- Electrical installation craft skills
- Electrical science and principles
- Health and safety
Within the qualification you will have the opportunity to utilise the IET On-Site Guide, and also be introduced to how regulations (including BS 7671) affect electrical installation. The qualification also covers standard circuits as described in the On-Site Guide.
The study time on this course are a combination of formal lectures, theoretical assignments, self-study and laboratory/workshop practical assignments.
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment.
The assessment involves on-screen examinations, practical assessments and a theory assignment.
It is expected that you have GCSE grades A*-D in English, maths and a science subject.
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|22/09/20||18:00 - 21:00 (Tue & Wed)||18 months||Main campus||£1,955*|
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings,
Structures and the Environment)
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Maintaining Electrotechnical Systems)
- EAL Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Procedures for the Installation of Electrical Systems and Equipment for Engineering Construction Plant
List of equipment required for this course:
To make sure that you get the most out of the learning sessions, please make sure that you have the following equipment with you for each and every lesson.
- 2 Pens
- 2 Pencils
- A 300mm rule
- A pair of compasses
- A protractor
- A number of coloured pens or pencils
- A highlighter pen
- A scientific calculator, [preferably Casio fx86]
- An A4 ring binder
- An A4 loose-leaf pad, [feint ruled with margin]
- On-site Guide to BS7671 2008 amended 2011 [Yellow] ISBN 978-1-84919-887-5
- Safety Boots