About the course
Want to become an electrician and need a recognised qualification? This industry-recognised electrical installation qualification will provide you with the basic knowledge and craft skills. You will learn, develop and practise in a secure environment the installation of wiring systems together with the relevant theory of electrical installation.
This qualification is suitable for:
- Those who currently do not work within the electrical industry (but may wish to do so)
- Those who wish to acquire new knowledge and skills
This course is two nights a week - Tuesday and a Wednesday, 6pm - 9pm.
* If you're unemployed or on a low wage and in receipt of benefits, then you might be eligible for full funding on this course. Please contact us for details on 023 8048 4848.
What you will learn
This qualification includes five mandatory units:
- Electrical installation theory and technology
- Electrical installation methods, procedures and requirements
- Electrical installation craft skills
- Electrical science and principles
- Health and safety
Within the qualification you will have the opportunity to utilise the IET On-Site Guide, and also be introduced to how regulations (including BS 7671) affect electrical installation. The qualification also covers standard circuits as described in the On-Site Guide.
The study time on this course are a combination of formal lectures, theoretical assignments, self-study and laboratory/workshop practical assignments.
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment.
The assessment involves on-screen examinations, practical assessments and a theory assignment.
It is expected that you should have GCSE grades A*-D in English, maths and a science subject.
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|12/09/17||18:00 - 21.00 (Tues & Wed)||18 months||Main||£1,900*|
|09/01/18||18:00 - 21.00 (Tues & Wed)||18 months||Main||£1,900*|
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings,
Structures and the Environment)
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Maintaining Electrotechnical Systems)
- EAL Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Procedures for the Installation of Electrical Systems and Equipment for Engineering Construction Plant
List of equipment required for this course:
To make sure that you get the most out of the learning sessions, please make sure that you have the following equipment with you for each and every lesson.
- 2 Pens
- 2 Pencils
- A 300mm rule
- A pair of compasses
- A protractor
- A number of coloured pens or pencils
- A highlighter pen
- A scientific calculator, [preferably Casio fx86]
- An A4 ring binder
- An A4 loose-leaf pad, [feint ruled with margin]
- On-site Guide to BS7671 2008 amended 2011 [Yellow] ISBN 978-1-84919-887-5
- Safety Boots