About this course
This course will give you advanced knowledge and skills of electrical installation. You will practise and be assessed on the installation and testing of electrical equipment together with the relevant theory of electrical installation and wiring regulations.
Full-time students aged 16-18 will follow a study programme at City College which includes:
- The main subject qualification
- Work experience which is effective, relevant, and includes careers fairs, site visits, guest speakers and introduces you to the expectations of the real demands of work
- English and maths, where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade A*-C/9-4 in these subjects by age 16
- Additional activities, such as tutorials and work-related learning, to help further develop the personal skills relevant to your progression goals
These four elements should combine to provide stretch and challenge to prepare you for progression to employment or further study.
What you will learn
- Electrical installation design
- Environmental technology systems
- Inspection, testing and commissioning
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
- Electrical science and principles
- Environmental health and safety
- Electrical installation craft
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment.
Level 2 in Electrical Installation AND GCSEs in English, maths and science at grade 4/C or above
Relevant industry experience will be considered
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|02/09/19||1 year||Main campus|
- Work as a Trainee Electrician
Trips, visits & activities
- Guest speakers
- Work experience
- Industry week activities
Mike MullenElectrical Installation Tutor
Mike has over 12 years of experience as a qualified electrician and is committed to making sure his students have the broadest understanding of working in the industry. He has travelled all over the country and worked on numerous construction sites, continually gaining knowledge of the sector.