Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
Qualification: CACHE Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
If you wish to embark on a career as an Early Years Educator, then this part-time course is for you.
This qualification has been approved by the National College of Teaching and Leadership as meeting the 'full and relevant' qualification requirement for all Level 3 Early Years practitioners.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
There are 23 mandatory units which have been structured to the following 4 themes:
- Health and well-being
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development
You will be required to complete work practice in 3 different age ranges, as set by the Government requirement:
- 25 hours: Birth - 1 year 11 months
- 133 hours: 2 years - 2 years 11 months
- 192 hours: 3 years - 5 years
It is your responsibility to organise your placement rotation to be able to have access in your work setting to these age ranges.
- GCSEs grade A*-C in English and maths
- You will need access to a minimum of 350 placement hours, working with children under the age of 5 years i.e. crèche, nursery, pre-school, reception class, or childminder
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
- Foundation Degree in Early Years Care & Education
- Work as an Early Years Educator