About the course
If you wish to embark on a career as an Early Years Educator, then this part-time course is for you.
This qualification has been approved by the National College of Teaching and Leadership as meeting the 'full and relevant' qualification requirement for all Level 3 Early Years practitioners.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
There are 23 mandatory units which have been structured to the following 4 themes:
- Health and well-being
- Legislation, frameworks and professional practice
- Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Professional development
You will be required to complete work practice in 3 different age ranges, as set by the Government requirement:
- 25 hours: Birth - 1 year 11 months
- 133 hours: 2 years - 2 years 11 months
- 192 hours: 3 years - 5 years
It is your responsibility to organise your placement rotation to be able to have access in your work setting to these age ranges.
- GCSEs grade A*-C in English and maths
- You will need access to a minimum of 350 placement hours, working with children under the age of 5 years i.e. crèche, nursery, pre-school, reception class, or childminder
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|12/09/17||18.00 - 21.00 (Tuesday)||1 year||Main||£2,500* (eligible for 19+ Advanced Learning Loan)|
- Foundation Degree in Early Years Care & Education
- Work as an Early Years Educator