Diploma in Business
Qualification: OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
Created in partnership with leading businesses, this qualification explores all aspects of the business world including a number of practical activities.
You will learn how a business functions and develop the essential skills and knowledge to give you a stepping stone to further study or employment. This includes learning about the types and purposes of businesses and the functions within them including finance, communication, sales and marketing.
What you will learn
- Purpose of a business
- Types of businesses
- People in organisations (recruitment process and organisational structures)
- Verbal and non-verbal communication
- Business documentation
- Customer relations in business
- Accounting and financial forecasting
- Training and employment in business
- How to create a marketing plan and develop promotional activities
- Business ethics
- Business online - what makes an effective website and what the issues associated with doing business online
- 4 x GCSEs grade D/3 or below (including English and maths) or
- Level 1 qualification
- Working at Level 1 in English and maths
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Level 3 Diploma in Business
- Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
- Business related employment, e.g. retail, office administration, marketing, banking or financial roles