Customer Service Apprenticeship
There are start dates for this apprenticeship throughout the year. Please apply and our apprenticeship team will be in contact with you to discuss.Apply now
About this apprenticeship
The role of a customer service apprentice is to deliver high quality products and services to the customers of their organisation. Your core responsibility will be to provide a high quality service to customers. You may be the first point of contact and work in any sector or organisation type.
What you will learn
- Customer service principles and practices - including customer experience and feedback, internal and external customers, needs and priorities, targets and goals and right first time
- Business principles and practices - including brand promise, core values, complaints process, internal policies and legislation and regulatory requirements
- Customer service skills - including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
- Communications - including interpersonal, tone of voice and verbal and non-verbal communications
- Presentation - including dressing appropriately and using positive and confident language
- Using customer service tools and resources - including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor and evaluate customer service levels
As an apprentice you can expect to undertake work based learning with an employer and to be paid a wage.
An assessor will visit the you once a month at your place of work to discuss your progress. The assessor will liaise with you and your line manger to ensure that this is a convenient time.
- There are no formal entry requirements - any requirements will be determined by the employer.
- You will need to attain level 2 in English or maths, if not already done so, before you are assessed at the end of your apprenticeship
To start an apprenticeship you will need an employer who is willing to take you on as an apprentice. If you already have an employer please contact us. If not don't worry you can see our current apprenticeship vacancies which is regularly updated.
Course length & fees
- Fees: N/A
- Course Length: 12 - 15 months
- Campus: Main
The customer service apprenticeship can be a stepping stone to further career opportunities, such as management or senior support roles. You can progress onto a level 3 qualification if your role is applicable. You could potentially progress onto a team leading apprenticeship, but this is dependent on your future job role in the work place.
You will attend college one day a week to ensure you get the support you need to succeed. The rest of the training will take place in the workplace with in-house training by the employer and an assessor who will visit you on site.
Each apprenticeship needs to include 20% off-the-job training. This must amount to 20% of the apprentice’s contracted employment hours across the whole apprenticeship. Off-the-job training is learning undertaken outside of the normal day-to-day working environment and leads towards the achievement of the apprenticeship.
End Point Assessment
Each apprentice will need an End Point Assessment (EPA) at the end of their apprenticeship. It measures the skills, knowledge and behaviours each apprentice has developed. Employers will decide when the apprentice is ready to be assessed.