About the course
The ideal starter course if you wish to seek a career in hospitality and catering. You will gain valuable practical skills from learning and working in Aspire Restaurant – our training restaurant which is open to the public.
What you will learn
- Customer service
- Develop cookery skills
- Develop food and beverage service skills
- Cook and serve in Aspire Restaurant
- Increase your knowledge linked to the industry
- Food safety
- English and maths
Our modern commercial kitchens and commercial fine dining restaurant (Aspire) will provide you with the perfect place to learn your trade in this industry. Gain valuable experience of working in the restaurant and at catering events that will build your CV and enhance your employability.
- GCSEs grade D/3 or below (including English and maths) or
- Introduction to the Catering Industry qualification and have at least 90% attendance
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Level 2 Diploma in Culinary Skills
- Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering
- Entry level employment in hotels, bars, cafes, pubs and restaurants, e.g. trainee (commis) chef or kitchen assistant