About the course
If you wish to work as a director, screen writer, documentary film maker, camera operator or any of the vast range of roles within the industry this course is for you. The course includes working to a live brief, the opportunity for work experience and talks from industry experts.
It is equivalent to three A-Levels and is a recognised route to degree level study.
If you wish to continue your studies you can apply for the 2nd year (Extended Diploma in Media - TV & Film) to develop your skills and knowledge including working on live briefs and more complex projects.
What you will learn
- Structure and jobs within the TV, film and radio industry
- Music video production
- Live studio production
- Single camera drama production
- Advertisement production
- Documentary production and interview skills
- Stop motion animation
- Video editing using FinalCut Pro and Adobe Premier
- Technical skills for camera and sound
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (including English) or
- Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area (including Level 2 English and maths functional skills)
Note - You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|04/09/17||2 years (combined with Extended Diploma)||Main|
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Media - TV & Film (2nd year of study)
- University / Higher Education
- Production work – camera assistant, runner, researcher, assistant editor