About the course
Welcome to Digital Video Game College!
There are over 1,900 games businesses in the UK, making it one of the fastest growing industries in the country. With everything from Grand Theft Auto to Tomb Raider being made right here in Britain, there has never been a better time to jump into the digital world.
Games Development is a hands on course, designed to give you the knowledge and skills for the full range of games development jobs.
It is both fun and highly practical and is equivalent to three A-Levels making it a recognised route to degree level study or a stepping stone into the industry. You will have an opportunity for work experience and talks from industry experts.
If you wish to continue your studies you can apply for the 2nd year (Extended Diploma in Media - Games) to develop your skills and knowledge including working on more complex projects in games design.
What you will learn
- 3D animation and modelling using Maya and Mudbox
- Developing a story for a game
- Designing levels using Unreal Engine 4 (UE4)
- Creating concepts and character art
- Structure and jobs within the games industry
- Creating elements within games using Photoshop and Illustrator
- How to identify opportunities for freelance work
- Apple Mac suite with modern editing software
- Games studio with games development and simulation software
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 (including English and maths) or
- Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject area (including Level 2 English and maths functional skills)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Media - Games (2nd year of study)
- University / Higher Education
- Pre-Degree Foundation in Art & Design
- Work in 3D visualisation and animation, junior artist, games developer