This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About this course
This course will help prepare you for working in today’s performance and entertainment industries. Taught by industry professionals, you will learn the practical aspects of performance techniques, professional actors training and methods for contemporary theatre. With a focus on experimental theatre, you will have regular opportunities to perform in our 240-seat hub theatre.
You will learn the theories and principles of the performing arts and the challenges of devising and organising an event or performance. Practical sessions involve performance work, including character development, production skills and directing.
* HE loan - The Student Loans Company provides loans and grants to learners at college studying Higher Education. For more information visit www.slc.co.uk
What you will learn
- Professional practice
- Research skills
- Acting for camera or microphone
- Acting with mask
- Contemporary approaches to acting
- Physical theatre
- Small scale touring
- Theatre in the community
- Devising or writing for performance
- Professional theatre with the latest equipment
- Rehearsal and dance studios
- Recording studio
- Set and prop construction workshop
- Fully equipped sound and lighting studio
- Links with local theatres and entertainment businesses
You will be assessed through assignments, both practical and written which are relevant to the performing arts industry. There are no written exams.
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts, or
- Suite of A-levels including at least one in a related subject
- Those already employed in the industry will also be considered
You will be required to attend an audition and interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course. Please ensure you wear loose movement clothes to your interview and be prepared to move and perform.
- HND or top-up to degree level in performing arts
- Professional drama conservatoire training course
- Employment as a performer, teacher or theatre director