Qualification: BTEC Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About this course
This course will provide you with an understanding of the Construction industry including health and safety, mathematics, science & materials, CAD and building technology. You will gain specialist skills related to Professional Construction enabling you to start or progress your career in this sector.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
6 out of these units:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Sustainable construction
- Science and materials
- Mathematics in construction
- Construction technology (optional)
- Building technology
- Surveying (optional)
This qualification is a theoretical work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
You will be given a number of assignments throughout the course. There are no exams during or at the end of this course.
- 4 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4, including English, maths and science or
- Level 2 Diploma in Construction
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
You could progress to a higher education course such as a HNC, HND at the college or a degree at university. Alternatively, you could find employment within the civil engineering sector.