Construction and Built Environment
Qualification: BTEC National Diploma
About the course
This course is designed for you to gain a nationally recognised qualification and offer you a choice of career routes into the construction industry or onto university.
If you aspire to be an architect, building surveyor, quantity surveyor, structural, mechanical, civil or electrical building services engineer, construction planner or construction manager this course is the starting point for you.
What you will learn
- Health, safety and welfare
- Sustainable construction
- Science and materials
- Mathematics in construction
- Construction technology and design
- Building technology
- Surveying in construction and civil engineering
- Construction in civil engineering
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Project management
- Building regulations
This is a theory and practical work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
- Heating and ventilation workshop
- Electrical workshop
- Welding workshop
- CAD suite
- Off-site surveying
- Extensive research facilities
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (including English, maths and science) or relevant equivalent qualifications, or
- Level 2 Diploma in Construction or Access to Building Services Engineering
- Those with substantial professional experience in the sector will also be considered
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Second year of study with the BTEC Extended Diploma in Construction and Built Environment
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Building Services, Civil Engineering or Construction Contracting
- University / Higher Education
- Employment with construction companies (private and public sector)