Computer Aided Design: AutoCAD Foundation
Qualification: City College Certificate
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
The course will use AutoCAD software to introduce you to basic CAD drawing and models, leading onto the more advanced levels. It will enable you to produce engineering drawings, parts, models and assemblies of engineering components.
What you will learn
2D drawing topics covered include:
- Accessing the software
- Creating and using blocks
- Creating and using prototype drawings
- Drawing lines, arcs and circles
- Use of layers and text
- Hatching and dimensioning
- Formatting system variables
- Text and dimension styles
- Editing existing drawings
3D modelling topics covered include:
- Producing part sketches
- Producing and developing models
- Producing assemblies
- Animating assemblies
- Producing drawings from the parts, models and assemblies
This course is not a qualification however the course would provide a platform for learners to go and complete a recognised qualification.
You will need to have a good understanding and skill in using general IT packages, plus a technical drawing background is an advantage.
Level 1 Award in Parametric Modelling (7689-01)