CMI Diploma in First Line Management
Qualification: CMI Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
The Level 3 CMI qualification in First Line Management is developed for supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity. This professional qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency. It offers a highly flexible approach to learning with a broad range of units available allowing employers and individuals to tailor the size and elements of the qualification to suit their specific needs.
With a more comprehensive structure, our Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management gives you all the key skills and competencies you need to become an effective first line manager.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
You will be required to study all of the units from Group A plus 2 units from Group B to achieve the full Diploma:
Group A (all units)
- Personal development as a first line manager
- Resource planning
- Meeting stakeholder needs
- Managing and communicating information
- Identifying development opportunities
Group B (select 2 units)
- Recruitment and selection opportunities
- Maintaining quality Standards
- Improving team performance
- Management communication
- Being a leader
- Introduction to first line management
- Corporate social responsibility
- Managing stakeholders’ expectation
- Understanding organisational culture, values and behaviour
- Understanding team dynamics
- Management report writing
- Management and leadership influencing skills
- Promoting equality and diversity
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation's context.
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
On successful completion of a Level 3 qualification in First Line Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other management qualifications at a higher level
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager