CMI Coaching and Mentoring
Qualification: CMI Certificate
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About this course
This qualification is designed for supervisors and first line managers, to support the development, coaching and mentoring skills and techniques of individuals, teams and achieve objectives.
The Level 3 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring gives you a broad knowledge of coaching and mentoring skills, focusing on coaching and mentoring relationships, operational processes and evaluation techniques.
Take advantage of this fully funded course (no cost). To qualify you need to be employed or be in a volunteer role.
What you will learn
Principles, skills and impact of coaching and mentoring
- Define coaching and mentoring and their purpose
- The roles of coaches and mentors
- The communication skills required of a coach and a mentor
- The need for sensitivity and confidentiality in a coaching and mentoring relationship
- Identify methods of feedback and support for a coachee in a coaching relationship
- Identify methods of feedback and support for mentee mentoring relationship
- Identify the benefits of coaching for an individual, a team and an organisation
- Identify the benefits of mentoring for an individual, a team and an organisation
Coaching and mentoring for individual and team needs
- Identify the expected outcome of the coaching process on individual and team needs
- Identify the performance improvements and changes expected from the individual and team at the conclusion of the coaching and mentoring process
- Identify the expected outcome of the mentoring process on individual and team needs
- Describe current knowledge, skills or behaviours of the individual and teams
- Identify the gap between current and expected performance in knowledge, skills or behaviour of the individual and the team
- The stages of a coaching and mentoring processes to meet agreed individual or team needs
You will complete 2 units, each which will have a written assignment
- In employment with a responsibility of coaching or mentoring other people
- GCSE English grade A*-C/9-4 or level 2 equivalent
- Aged 19 or over
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
• Progress to the CMI Level 4 Leadership & Management