CMI Certificate in First Line Management
Qualification: CMI Certificate
About the course
The Level 3 CMI qualification in First Line Management is developed for supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity. This professional qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency. It offers a highly flexible approach to learning with a broad range of units available allowing employers and individuals to tailor the size and elements of the qualification to suit their specific needs.
A more extensive qualification, our Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management gives you a broader knowledge of effective management skills while focusing on the specific management areas appropriate to you and your workplace.
What you will learn
Only 3 units from the list below have to be studied to achieve the Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management qualification.
Choice of units:
- Personal development as a first line manager
- Resource planning
- Meeting stakeholder needs
- Managing and communicating information
- Identifying development opportunities
- Recruitment and selection process
- Maintaining quality standards
- Improving team performance
- Management communication
- Being a leader
- Introduction to first line management
- Understanding corporate social responsibility
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation's context.
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
On successful completion of a Level 3 qualification in First Line Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to the Level 3 Diploma in First Line Management
- Progress to other CMI qualifications at a higher level
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager