CMI Award in First Line Management
Qualification: CMI Award
About the course
Developed for supervisors and first line managers who have operational responsibility for a defined area of activity, this professional CMI qualification gives junior managers the communication and motivational skills to help improve operational efficiency.
Our Level 3 Award in First Line Management provides you with an introduction to the skills, roles and responsibilities of this management area. It will also develop your basic knowledge by focusing on the development of specific management skills.
What you will learn
Only 1 unit from the list below has to be studied to achieve the Level 3 Award in First Line Management qualification.
Choice of units:
- Personal development as a first line manager
- Resource planning
- Meeting stakeholder needs
- Managing and communicating information
- Identifying development opportunities
- Recruitment and selection process
- Maintaining quality standards
- Improving team performance
- Management communication
- Being a leader
- Introduction to first line management
- Understanding corporate social responsibility
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation's context.
- You will need at least a level 2 in English
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course.
On successful completion of a Level 3 qualification in First Line Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. from Level 3 Award to Level 3 Certificate etc)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. from Level 3 Certificate to Level 4 or 5 Certificate)
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager