Qualification: BTEC Subsidiary Diploma
About the course
This course will provide you with an understanding of the Civil Engineering industry including health & safety, mathematics, science & materials, highways and structures. You will gain specialist skills related to the industry enabling you to start or progress your career in this sector.
This is a one-year course with college attendance one day a week. However on completion of year one you are able to progress onto the second year to complete a full Diploma in Civil Engineering.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
- Health, safety and welfare
- Sustainable construction
- Science and materials
- Mathematics in construction
Optional 2 units from:
- Civil engineering
- Computer Aided Design
- Project management
- Construction technology
This qualification is a theoretical work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
You will be given a number of assignments throughout the course. There are no exams during or at the end of this course.
- 4 GCSEs grade A*-C, including English, maths and science or
- Level 2 Diploma in Construction
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
- Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Civil Engineering (second year of study)