Certificate in Photography
Qualification: UAL Certificate
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This course will cover techniques, equipment and materials relating to film and digital photography. The specialist units covered in this program will begin to prepare you with skills required to develop careers within the photography and related industries, as well as provide a pathway into Higher Education to further your studies.
Black and white film processing and printing and digital colour using CAD for printing and presentation will be explored during this course within a variety of specialist units.
What you will learn
This course comprises of two specialist units which will be chosen from the following units, and must be successfully completed to achieve the whole qualification.
- Studio photography
- Studio techniques
- Darkroom practices
- Darkroom applications
- Freelance work
- Location techniques
- Digital imaging
- Experimental techniques
- Specialist contextual investigation
- Location photography
- Image manipulation computer applications
- Commercial laboratory operations
- Desktop publishing computer applications
- Specialist location photography
- Specialist Studio Photography
Classes take place in specially designed photography studios and involve a range of activities including group and individual work. You will be encouraged to build on your strengths and develop further in areas for improvement. There is an overarching priority to build confidence and enable you to develop your own creative style.
- Large and fully equipped photography studio with industry standard equipment
- Digital and analogue technology
- Photography dark room
- Suite of Apple Macs featuring latest Adobe CC software for editing and processing
- Gallery exhibition space
This course is assessed through coursework submission of all the units required. This will require written work and research to be undertaken, but the course is substantially practical based work.
- Level 3 Award in Photography
- A basic understanding of photography and some previous experience / practice is desirable but no formal qualifications are necessarily required
- Portfolio of work
- Demonstrate a strong commitment and interest in photography
- You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
- HNC/D in Photography
- Entry level employment in the photography industry
A 35mm film and/or digital SLR camera is essential for this course. You are also advised to purchase a USB memory stick of 1GB or more.