Carpentry & Joinery
Qualification: City & Guilds Diploma
About the course
This course will prepare you to work safely and with confidence in construction with a focus on carpentry and joinery skills. You will develop the basic rudimentary skills, knowledge and hand skills required to become a good carpenter.
What you will learn
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Maintain and use carpentry and joinery hand tools
- Prepare and use carpentry and joinery portable power tools
- Produce woodworking joints
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
Our construction workshops provide a fantastic learning environment with industry standard equipment.
- GCSEs grade D/3 or below (including English and maths) or
- Level 1 in English and maths
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry
- Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry or Bench Joinery