About this course
This exciting business course will give you a range of skills you can take into your future career. You will learn about business enterprise which you can use to develop your entrepreneurial skills should you aspire to start up your own business. You will also learn about the events industry and how you plan, organise and deliver events.
Created in partnership with leading businesses, this qualification explores all aspects of the business world including a number of practical activities. You will gain the essential knowledge and skills needed to progress to further studies or start your career.
Full-time students aged 16-18 will follow a study programme at City College which includes:
- The main subject qualification
- Work experience which is effective, relevant, and includes careers fairs, site visits, guest speakers and introduces you to the expectations of the real demands of work
- English and maths, where students have not yet achieved a GCSE grade 9-4/A*-C in these subjects by age 16
- Additional activities, such as tutorials and work-related learning, to help further develop the personal skills relevant to your progression goals
These four elements should combine to provide stretch and challenge to prepare you for progression to employment or further study.
What you will learn
- The business enterprise environment
- Researching a concept for a new or revised product or service
- Promoting and financing business enterprise ideas
- Planning and pitching business enterprise ideas
- Principles of delivering events
- Organising an event
- Delivering customer service at events
- Delivering an event
4 GCSEs grade 3/D or above (including English and maths)
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|02/09/19||1 year||Main campus|
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business & Law
- Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
- Business related employment, e.g. retail, office administration, sales or marketing
Trips, visits & activities
- Work experience
- Local industry events
- Employment fairs and talks
- Industry week activities
Nick SandersBusiness Tutor
Nick has over 40 years of business experience, with his first general manager role aged just 21. His background includes logistics, supply chain management, sales, HR and the management of large teams, working across a range of sectors for companies such as TNT and New Look.