This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About the course
This business course is for you if you have an interest in learning how large and small organisations operate on a day-to-day basis. You will learn how a business functions and develop the essential skills and knowledge to give you a stepping stone to further study or employment. This includes learning about the types and purposes of businesses and the functions within them including finance, communication, sales and marketing.
Created in partnership with leading businesses, this qualification explores all aspects of the business world including a number of practical activities. You will gain the essential knowledge and skills needed to progress to further studies or start your career.
What you will learn
- Purpose of a business
- Types of organisations in business
- People in organisations (recruitment process and organisational structures)
- Customer relations in business
- Accounting and financial forecasting
- Training and employment in business
- How to create a marketing plan and develop promotional activities
- Business ethics
- Business online - what makes an effective website and what the issues associated with doing business online
- Personal selling
- 4 x GCSEs grade A*-D/9-3 or below (including English and maths) or
- Level 1 qualification and Working at Level 1 in English and maths
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto this course.
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business
- Apprenticeship in Business and Administration
- Business related employment, e.g. retail, office administration, marketing, banking or financial roles
Trips, visits & activities
- Work experience
- Local industry events
- Employment fairs and talks
- Visits to employers
- Industry week activities