About the course
This course will provide you with an understanding of the Building Services Industry including mathematics, science & materials, building services control systems and building technology. You will gain specialist skills related to the industry enabling you to start or progress your career in this sector.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
- Health, safety and welfare
- Sustainable construction
- Science and materials
- Mathematics in construction
- Building services control systems
- Building services science
- Building technology
- Ventilation and air conditioning
- Plumbing technology
- Low temperature hot water heating
- Electrical installation design
- Fluids (static and dynamic)
This qualification is a theoretical work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
You will be given a number of assignments throughout the course. There are no exams during or at the end of this course.
- 4 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4, including English, maths and science or
- Level 2 Diploma in Construction
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
Dates, times & fees
|Start Date||Course Times||Duration||Campus||Fees|
|14/09/18||09:00 - 16:00 (Friday)||1 year||Main campus||£5,545* (eligible for 19+ Advanced Learning Loan)|
- HNC in Building Services at City College
At City College
Level 3 Extended Architectural CAD & Construction Design
Building Services Engineer (Higher Apprentice) at Gary Jones Associates