Building Services Engineering
Qualification: BTEC Diploma
This course is currently unavailable. Please register your interest below and we will let you know when it next becomes available.
About this course
This course will provide you with an understanding of the Building Services Industry including mathematics, science & materials, building services control systems and building technology. You will gain specialist skills related to the industry enabling you to start or progress your career in this sector.
* If you are aged 19 or over and are starting a further education course at level 3 or above, you may qualify for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan. This course is eligible for a 19+ Loan – for more information on how to apply click here.
What you will learn
- Health, safety and welfare
- Sustainable construction
- Science and materials
- Mathematics in construction
- Building services control systems
- Building services science
- Building technology
- Ventilation and air conditioning
- Plumbing technology
- Low temperature hot water heating
- Electrical installation design
- Fluids (static and dynamic)
This qualification is a theoretical work-related course. You will learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
You will be given a number of assignments throughout the course. There are no exams during or at the end of this course.
- 4 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4, including English, maths and science or
- Level 2 Diploma in Construction
You will be required to attend an interview at the College prior to enrolling onto the course
At City College
Level 3 Extended Architectural CAD & Construction Design
Building Services Engineer (Higher Apprentice) at Gary Jones Associates